Real Estate Teams Have Built-In Marketing Advantages
When it comes to online marketing, there are many advantages when you have a support structure around you like Real Estate Teams do, versus trying to handle everything yourself when it comes to online marketing. Today I want to talk to you about how marketing can be so much easier when you’re part of a group with a singular focus: The success of the group.
For this exercise, I’ll use a hypothetical team of 5 agents. I originally started to write this up as part of my Instagram Realtor free 5-day course, but as I was putting it together, I realized you could use this technique on other platforms as well. So go through it, and tweak it to fit other platforms you’re on.
Things To Know About Instagram
Instagram rewards accounts that have people like and comment as soon as their post goes live. If you trigger their magical “who’s popular” thermometer, Instagram pays attention. Their reward comes in the way of showing your account to more people and suggesting they follow your account, and by pushing your post out to more people that are already following you. Add some good hashtags to this mix and you could find yourself in the top posts too.
Sharpen Your Number 2 Pencils and Let’s Get Started
In this make-believe scenario there are 4 things you must have in place (and yes, it seems like an insane number of accounts, but once you break it down, it’s not so overwhelming) to truly be successful at this strategy:
- 5 agents
- 1 Team Account
- 5 Team Member Business Accounts
- 5 Team Member Personal Accounts.
From the diagram below, you can see that you need to have a Team Account as your primary focus. This account should be on each Team Member’s phone. The entire team needs to be able to post as that account. Each team member should be able to easily switch between three accounts:
1) The Main Team Account;
2) Their own Business Account; and
3) Their own Personal Account.
If you don’t know how to add multiple accounts to one device, sign up for my free 5 Day Instagram Realtor mini course.
At this point, you should download the calendar I created for you and make notes applying real life info on it.
When executed properly, each member of the team will only have to come up with 5 or 6 posts a month for the main Team Account, but get to enjoy having a Team Account that has daily posts, thereby building a larger following faster and attracting more leads.
- Every day, one team member posts to the main Team Account at a predetermined time.
- Within 10 minutes of that predetermined time, all Team Members like the post from their Business Accounts.
- Within 10 minutes of that predetermined time, all Team members like the post from their Personal Accounts.
- Each Team Member will make a comment about the post on the Main Team Member Account.
- Each Team Member will engage with other Team Members on that post’s thread.Example:
Team Member 1: I love the big backyard this listing has!
Team Member 2 replies: Can you imagine the summer B-B-Q’s you could enjoy there?
- Etc., Etc., Etc.
- Each Team Member can tag someone, if appropriate, that they think that person may enjoy this post or tag someone and ask them if they know anyone that would like to see that listing.
Further From The Center
- Each Team Member should also post on their own business accounts on a regular schedule. Daily is best, but if that’s not possible, set a schedule, like 3x a week and stick to it so your audience knows what to expect from you.
- Each Team Member can post on their personal accounts as often as they like, but keep in mind if their account is not set to private, be careful not to post anything unprofessional as a potential client can backtrack you from your business account to your personal account. Customers stalking you online before they hire you is very common.
- If a Team Member wants to Regram a post from the main account, that’s good, but do be sure to tag the main account in your caption.
NEVER HIDE THE FACT YOU ARE PART OF THE MAIN TEAM!
A Couple of Other Things To Think About
Not part of a team? Create your own by joining with a few other agents either in your own office or friends or colleagues from other offices. The effect will be the same as long as everyone participates.
You should also think about the other types of professions that your potential buyers and sellers might be following online when they’re thinking about making a move to a new house.
- Loan Brokers
- Home Stagers
- Home Builders
Reach out to others in these complementary industries and see if they’ll participate in your engagement group. Sometimes that might mean sharing information to lighten the load of daily posting and other times it may be helping with the cost of having someone handle the posting for the entire group.
If you’re not part of a Real Estate Team, or if you would like to expand your team, consider joining my Engagement Team at REInstagramPods.
Feel like your Instagram account might need some sharpening up? Join me in the Instagram Realtor mini-course.
Please let me know what you valued from this post by commenting below or tweeting me at @AskForLiz.
See ya online!